Have you ever been to Galveston, Texas before? If so, you were probably intrigued by the way the city has blended historical buildings with contemporary ones. You were probably mystified by the way old houses have survived hurricane after hurricane. And, you were probably awed by the friendly manner that Texans display. Of course, if you are a Texan yourself, you already know about that friendly Texas spirit! If you have never been to Galveston, prepare to fall in love. In fact, you will probably want to return to this beautiful city many times. From visiting historic sites to planning a fishing trip, here are some ideas that will help you plan your trip for total fun:
In The City -
Before you even leave for Galveston, decide what kind of trip you're wanting to do. Do you want this to be a totally relaxing experience where you get to sleep late and just enjoy being at the beach? Do you want to wake up early so that you won't miss a single experience? Or, maybe you want a happy medium, where you get to relax a lot and also see the sights. Think of writing down a plan of what you want to do, depending on how long you will be in Galveston.
- If you love museums, visit the Texas Seaport Museum and the Bryan Museum.
- For a huge taste of history, visit the Bishop Palace and the Wills-Moody Mansion
- For exhilarating fun, go to Moody Gardens and Schlitterbahn Galveston Island.
- And, don't forget to get your fill of seafood while you're in Galveston.
In The Water -
Have you ever been on a charter fishing trip? If not, consider planning one for your Galveston vacation. Think of making your plans even before you arrive in Galveston so you won't have disappointments once you arrive. Give the fishing charter service the exact date that you'll be wanting to fish, and give the number of people who will be in your group.
- Your charter will include a guide that knows all the best places to fish.
- The service can even arrange to have your fish prepared for you.
- If you're wanting to take fish home with you, the charter service can arrange for packing the fish.
- Don't forget to get pictures of your charter fishing experience.
Think about using pictures that you took in Galveston for your Christmas card this year. You'll probably inspire others to visit Galveston, too. Contact a company like Maggie Joe's Sport Fishing for more information and assistance.